Our client, a highly successful, well established FMCG organisation are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Assistant Engineering Manager to join their existing team.
As Assistant Engineering Manager you will report directly to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for delivering medium to long term strategic direction for the safe, efficient and cost effective management of the site. The day to day maintenance responsibilities will sit with the Engineering Supervisor’s position with any major engineering, quality or safety issues escalated to, and managed by the Assistant Engineering Manager.
Hours of work will be 09.00 – 18.00 or 06.00 – 15.00 on a shift rota (Monday to Friday). You will also be required to cover one weekend in 5 from 09.00 18.00 taking the previous Thursday and following Tuesday off in lieu. This opportunity commands a salary of circa £50,000 - £55,000 per annum, depending upon experience, plus benefits package.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic management of engineering, people and spares usage to ensure targeted efficiency levels is achieved.
- Ensure that your area Capex spend is managed within budget and delivered on time
- Ensure that PPM system on agility is managed and reviewed so that downtime is minimised and staff usage is monitored
- Ensure all measurement systems are implemented and maintained as required to meet the changing needs of the business
- Ensure all reporting requirements are supplied in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage the Engineering team via a wide variety of communication techniques, for example, meetings, post-it note reviews, focus groups
- Ensure all food safety legislation and quality processes are followed, maintained and improved upon
- In conjunction with NPD, support NPD trials ensuring smooth transition into production launch and review performance of new equipment
- Develop, introduce and maintain visual workplace KPI’s for production line teams
- Assist in the development of one to three year plans for engineering processes for your plant and area
- Review short, medium and long term plans annually to ensure that the plans continue to align with developments and direction from the wider business
- Liaise with Production and Supply Chain managers for engineering planning and downtime
- Chair weekly and daily engineering planning meetings
- Ensure that jobs are planned with parts and labour to ensure a timely cost effective hand back to production
- Ensure that plants shut down hours are managed effectively – equipment, parts, labour and outcome
- Build the appropriate structure of PPM into the CMMS and with correct content of tasks that will deliver effective asset care
- Ensure compliance with Safety Health and Environment, Quality, Food Safety, Customer and Regulatory standards such as FSA, BRC, PIU and any specific customer needs
To be successful in the role of Assistant Engineering Manager you will possess the following qualities:
- Strong proven track record of a similar role within FMCG (ideally food) manufacturing sector
- Engineering degree or time served engineer (or equivalent) with applied knowledge of mechanical systems and PLC / CLX, SCADA, HMI, Robots and drive programming
- People management
- Planning and Process control
- H&S, Quality and Food Safety awareness
- Safety knowledge (IOSH) would be desirable
- Ability to manage staff to policies and procedures
- Financial cost awareness and understanding
This position is based in Banbury and is easily commutable from Oxford, Daventry, Northampton, Stratford Upon Avon, Moreton-in-Marsh and Royal Leamington Spa.
If you are an experienced Assistant Engineering Manager, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.