Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced Bench Hand to join their team. As a Bench Hand you will play a key role within the machining business and have a direct influence on the quality of components received from the machine operators.
Hours of work will be on Weekend Day Shifts (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). Salary is £10.92 per hour.
Reporting directly to the Process Leader, your key responsibilities will include:
- Deburring machined component from the CNC machines
- Helping in other areas where needed from time to time.
- Hands-on role using various types of hand tools such as grinders, sanding discs, sanding wheels and stones.
- Understand the importance of ‘Right First Time’.
To be successful in the role of Bench Hand, you will possess the following experience:
- Ability to use a range of hand tools such as grinders, sanders, and drill mounted grinding wheels.
- Milling, grinding or CNC experience would be highly beneficial.
- Previous experience of hand deburring tools with good hand to eye co-ordination
- Able to read standard operating procedures
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be flexible with regard to overtime and working in other areas.
- Must be prepared to work a variety of shift patterns
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster, and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Bench Hand, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.