Our client, a premier global automotive supplier are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Business Improvement Supervisor. As Business Improvement Supervisor you will report directly to the Business Unit Manager and be responsible for driving improvements in performance, die change capability, training and standardisation. Managing and leading without direct reports the role requires change management and buy-in of all cross functional parties to be driven in the agreed vision.
This position will be working 08.30 – 17.00 (Monday to Thursday) and 08.30 – 14.00 (Fridays) however, flexibility will be required at times. This opportunity commands a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Drive the training role out across the Business Unit – Ensuring each stage gate is achieved, signed off and celebrated appropriately
- Create and achieve the required skills coverage for all elements of day to day area functions, including PPAP runs and trials
- Design, develop and implement the organisations World Class Die Casting Changer over process
- Achieve the required Good Shot to Good Shot time target constantly
- Use and train out SMED methodology
- Create a Die Change strategy that is expandable across all shifts as the number of Die Changes grows
- Manage, train and coach and support departmental functions
- Drives standardisation and 5 S through events and daily activities
- SWI’s are created and trained out with sign off sheets
- Promote and grow WCM/MAFACT within the business. Lead department functional supervisors to deliver against MAFACT targeted improvements
- Manages and generates KPI’s
- Support the development and role out of Standard Running Conditions across all Die Cast Machines and products
- Work with departmental Line Managers to maximise efficiency and productivity. Analysing systems and processes to make necessary improvements (CI).
- Ensure capacity plans are achieved and reviewed in order to meet agreed customer requirements, where impacted by Die Changes
- Identify areas of cost savings and maintain budgets implementing CI
- Supports process changes and role out of new technologies to the team
- Compliant with HSE requirements ensuring safe working practices and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop and implement action plans and chase through to completion
- Participates in Tier meetings and Business Improvement meetings
To be successful in the role of Business Improvement Supervisor you will possess the following qualities:
- Extensive experience within the Castings sector
- Experience of Tier 1 Automotive supply
- Previous experience within a similar leadership role within either automotive, engineering or manufacturing sector
- Knowledge of Advanced Manufacturing techniques: Lean trained – e.g. VS mapping/Material flow/ CI / KAN BAN
- Drive 5s implementation across Business Unit
- Implement visual management / visual control across Business Unit
- Proven track record in people management
- Strong ability to lead, mentor and coach team members
- Ability to interpret and challenge the status quo
- Six Sigma Certification would be highly advantageous
This position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced Business Improvement Supervisor, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.