Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced CMM Operator. As CMM Operator you will ultimately be responsible for the measurement of products.
Hours of work will be 07.30 – 16.30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07.30 – 12.30 (Friday). Salary circa £25,000 - £27,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader, your key responsibilities will include:
- To ensure the safe operation of CMM Machines
- Understand the principles of CMM and their usage
- Delivery of measured components in line with customer requirements
- Support New Part Introduction Process
- Influence Machine Utilisation and Right First Time Measures.
- Ensure product quality and batch traceability is maintained at all times
- Carry out routine checks on all equipment
- Ensure all documentation is recorded accurately as defined by procedures.
- Calibration of gauges and fixtures
To be successful in the role of CMM Operator, you will possess the following qualities:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Flexibility to work with little supervision.
- Hold a fork lift truck licence and /or an overhead crane or be prepared to undertake training
- Have a fair understanding of engineering drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Proficient in PC DMIS
- A good understanding of CMM principles
- CMM experience at level one as a minimum
- Must have a good understanding of statistical process control (SPC)
- Good interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives.
- Clear, concise and appropriate communication style both written and verbal
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced CMM Operator, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.