The company are an established precision engineering company who manufacture small components to various sectors. They are seeking to recruit a CNC Engineer for their busy operations.
The position will report to the managing director of the business with an opportunity for progression.
The duties and responsibilities for the role will be;
- Programming and operation of various CNC machines, using online and offline programming.
- Machining on 4 axis Siemens mini mill as well as a 2 axis CNC machine with Prototrak/Accurite controllers.
- Use 3D models and step files when offline programming.
- Maintaining quality, carrying out quality checks on machined part and fully finished parts.
- Input of orders, creation of process sheets, purchase of consumables, tools and materials when required.
- Liaise with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Assist in the integration between the shop floor and management.
If you are a CNC Engineer who holds the following skills and experience then I would be interested in receiving your application;
- Able to program and operate CNC machinery, both online and offline.
- Ability to offline program from 3D models and step files.
- Strong CAD/CAM knowledge (knowledge of One CNC software would be advantageous)
- Able to carry out machining on 4 axis and 2 axis CNC machinery.
- Knowledge of Siemens Sinumerik & Proto-Trak/Accurite controllers would be advantageous.
- Able to use measuring equipment such as verniers, micrometres, gauges etc.
- Willing to work around 20% of the role being office based carrying out work on company MRP/ERP system (training will be provided on the system)
The company is based in Redditch so is easily commutable from Bromsgrove, Birmingham, Alcester, Worcester, Solihull, Dudley, Droitwich, Stratford upon Avon.
The company offer competitive holidays, pension, health scheme (after 12 months service), free onsite parking, progression and training opportunities.
The role is a Days based role (40 hours a week), Monday to Thursday 7am to 4.30pm and 7am to 3pm on Friday (flexible working hours are available).
Overtime is paid at time and a half.
Please apply now to be considered!
This vacancy is advertised by Swift Placements who are a recruitment agent.