Our client are world renowned market leaders in the design, manufacture, procurement and distribution of precision measurement products and they are currently recruiting for an experienced CNC Machinist to join their team. As CNC Machinist you will ultimately be responsible for setting up and operating a variety of CNC machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
Reporting directly to the Department Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Programme, set-up, adjust and operate Fanuc and HAAS controlled CNC machines in order to perform precision turning and milling operations on small batches ranging from 50-off to 1000-off parts
- Program vertical machining centres using OneCNC CADCAM package
- Read engineering drawings and understand the specifications and tolerancing
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of the operations needed to produce products
- Machine parts to specifications using manual machine tools such as Bridgeport milling machines and various centre lathes
- Inspect parts and their dimensions using knowledge of mathematics and precision instruments such as micrometers, DTI’s and gauge blocks
To be successful in the role of CNC Machinist, you may have previously worked as a CNC Programmer, CNC Technician or CNC Engineer and you will possess the following qualities:
- Formal mechanical and manufacturing engineering qualification (or equivalent)
- Time-served apprenticeship
- Proficient in creation and modification of CNC code of HAAS / Fanuc CNC G&M code “at the machine”
- Previous experience programming, setting and operating Vertical Machining Centres (Metal cutting)
- Experience in a similar high precision environment, with proven understanding of CNC machinist responsibilities
- Experience machining ferrous and non-ferrous metals including steel, aluminium and brass
- Experience of programming using CADCAM software and of in-process probing is advantageous
- Able to read complex technical / engineering drawings with a good understanding of tolerancing / geometrical tolerancing
This position is based in Bradford and is easily accessible from Thornton, Keighley, Leeds, Dewsbury, Halifax and Headingley. Hours of work are 07.45-16.30 Monday to Thursday and 07.45-12.45 Friday.
If you are an experienced CNC Machinist, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.