Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced CNC Operator. As CNC Operator you will ultimately be responsible for the operation of 5 axis CNC Milling machines and manual vertical / horizontal lathes, inspection and acceptable quality standards being achieved through manufacturing complex components.
There are a variety of shifts available covering nights (Monday to Thursday) or weekend nights (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and salary will be up to £12.98 per hour plus shift allowance and benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Process Leader and Team Leader, your key responsibilities will include:
- Operation of CNC milling machines (Fanuc or Mazatrol Controls)
- Set up and operate Manual Vertical / Horizontal Lathes
- Set up fixtures, tooling and programmes
- Run machines as per SOPs and instructions
- Quality Control and inspection of parts
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Experience of programming desirable
To be successful in the role of CNC Operator, you will possess the following qualities:
- Previous CNC operator/setter experience
- Fanuc and Mazatrol control experience
- Experience of programming would be highly desirable however not essential
- Previous use of inspection equipment.
- Quality/inspection awareness and understanding is essential.
- Flexibility due to work demands will be required.
- Good dexterity and manual skills
- Good level of literacy and numeracy is required as the training and quality standards are very in depth and specific.
- Forklift truck licence preferable
- Hands on with can do attitude
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster, and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced CNC Operator, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.