Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced CNC Programmer to join their team. As CNC Programmer you will be accountable for driving consistent standards within the Design Team and Toolroom supporting the businesses operational needs in improving existing and introducing new products.
Hours of work will be 07:30 – 16:30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07:30 – 12:30 (Friday). Salary up to £40,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Product and Process Engineering, your key responsibilities will include:
- Program NX to achieve efficient Toolpath generation and transfer to the Toolroom for various types of machines.
- Ensure all programs are adequately backed up and correct information provided to Toolroom staff, inclusive of data management and control activities.
- Use NX to complete basic CAD operations showing an appreciation and entry level understanding of usage for design and extended purposes.
- Participate with tooling suppliers for introducing new technologies inclusive of optimising cutting tool strategies to suit.
- Become, over time, a specialist in forge tooling, fixturing and gauging which is inclusive of additional processes to support i.e measurement, materials, welding, scanning etc.
- Participate in design reviews and advise best practices for tooling manufacture.
- Participate and drive improvement projects as per initiatives in both Toolroom and Design Depts. Also support others in improvement activities across the wider business.
- Participate and drive tooling, fixturing and machine improvements daily.
- Ensure day to day toolmaking activities are supported to meet business needs
- Work towards achieving programming of a robotic welding cell utilising bespoke software applications.
- Supporting machining division with programs for components
To be successful in the role of CNC Programmer, you will possess the following keys skills and experiences:
- BTEC certificate / HNC or equivalent (can be working towards)
- Good Interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives
- Involvement team activity as required
- Work strictly in accordance with laid down processes and procedures
- Numeracy, Literacy and associated IT skills.
- Responsible for own actions and autonomy in role.
- Proactive in improvement activity
- Worked within a quality orientated business
- Must be flexible in working different shift patterns when required
- Able to communicate effectively across all departments both verbally and written
- Able to meet deadlines
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster, and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced CNC Programmer looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.