Our client, a premier global automotive supplier are currently seeking to recruit an experienced CNC Setter / Operator. As CNC Setter / Operator you will report directly to the Shift Supervisor and will be first response to any minor automated issues that affect CNC operation on shift. You will also be responsible for dealing with issues on the downstream line, including but not limited to SHL cells and the straightening presses.
As a core member of the team, you will be responsible for the processing of castings on site and have experience with ABB robots, CNC’s, straightening presses and be able to train operators to required standards.
This position will be working static night shift from 10pm-6am (Monday to Friday). This opportunity commands a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all production processes conform to current quality standards
- Manufacture parts in time to satisfy customer demand
- Strive to improve production processes
- Part of a team to investigate root cause analysis of production process downtime and implement corrective actions
- Be competent in running CNC’s, recovery of ABB robots from an emergency stop position and operation of all aspects of the automated lines.
- Tool changing of CNC’s .
- Training of Operators on how to operate ABB robots and recover from an error state or emergency stop.
- Monitor hourly performance and identify shortfalls, liaising with Production Supervision and reporting, raising red flags where required.
To be successful in the role of CNC Setter / Operator you will possess the following qualities:
- Proven production experience in Die casting environment CNC’s
- Experience of problem solving
- Use of 5S to improve production environment
- Experience of straightening presses
- Understanding of KPI’s to track performance
- ABB robot operation and programming
This position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced CNC Setter, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.