Our client, a precision engineering and manufacturing business, have been experiencing considerable growth over recent years and are now recruiting for an experienced CNC Sliding Head Programmer / Setter to join their team. As CNC Sliding Head Programmer / Setter you will be supporting and developing the growing section of the Sliding Head divisions. This is a permanent position offering genuine progression and growth for the right candidate.
Hours of work will be working either 2pm-10pm Monday to Friday. Salary circa £30,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending upon experience.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Program and setting Citizen Sliding Head machine - C16
- Program and setting 14 STAR machines - SR20, SA12, SV32, SR32 Models Producing components to required tolerances and quality standards, right first time finishing components to the highest quality standards
- Identifying and recommending program amendments to improve efficiency and/or quality
- Ensure you are compliant with the filling in of the job paperwork with each job, and any other operational documentation
- Report data as required for operational monitoring and all aspects of production quality to positively affect the right first time performance through the department
- Positively influence accident prevention, productivity/efficiency improvements, achieving specified quality levels and standards
- Maintain quality and safety standards by adhering to procedures and regulations
To be successful in the role of CNC Sliding Head Programmer / Setter, you will possess the following experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar manufacturing environment
- Have extensive experience in a Sliding Head machining environment with knowledge of modern technology and up to date manufacturing techniques
- Demonstrate appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements
- Able to manufacture precision components from fully understanding engineering drawings in terms of tolerances, surface finish etc
- Methodical and focused approach to work
- Focused on quality with high level of attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure
- Very Flexible approach to work
This position is based in Evesham and is easily commutable from Gloucestershire, Redditch, Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley and Worcester.
If you are an experienced CNC Sliding Head Programmer / Setter, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.