Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced CNC Tool Setter to join their team. As a CNC Tool Setter, you will play a key role in setting up and operating entry level tools using a Haimer tool setter.
Hours of work will be 07.30 – 16.30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07.30 – 12.30 (Friday). Salary £11.98 per hour plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader, your key responsibilities will include:
- Uses computer software to find and print correct revision Tool-Set up sheets for jobs.
- Follow Tool Set-up sheet (SOP) to obtain tools from Tool Vending Machine.
- Verifies correct tools are received per tool sheet.
- Uses hand tools (such as torque wrenches) and Heat Shrink machine to remove and secure cutting tools that need to be replaced.
- Identifies which tools are to be ran again per the tool sheet (SOP).
- Works with tooling supplier to ensure continuous flow of tools, replacing any damaged tool bodies.
- Uses calipers and height gauges to set tool lengths in various tool holders.
- Uses Heat Shrink machine and various torque wrenches to secure tools in holders.
- Uses computerized Measuring machines as well as precision measuring tools to verify a multitude of various dimensions.
- Label tools with RFID Chip Writer.
- Verifies all tools meet the dimensions and quantities per part on the SOP.
To be successful in the role of a CNC Tool Setter, you will possess the following qualities:
- Eyesight test to company standard is prerequisite.
- Previous experience in the use of inspection equipment.
- Quality/inspection awareness and understanding is essential.
- Forklift truck licence
- Participate in risk assessment and “near miss “risk mitigation activities.
- Ensuring the service provided is of the highest standard.
- Carrying out tasks right first time to the required standard.
- Carrying out tasks in the appropriate timeframe.
- Conclusion of tasks on time and to the required standard.
- Proactively identifying cost saving measures ensuring no detriment to any services provided.
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced CNC Tool Setter, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.