Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced Conformance Machining Engineer to join their team. As Conformance Machining Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for supporting current production and providing improvements as well as implementing NPI work.
Hours of work will be 07.30 – 16.30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07.30 – 12.30 (Friday). Salary circa £35,000 - £40,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Lead Conformance Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop machining methods and practices with stage drawings to support
- Support in verifying customer bids and checking theoretical models
- Generating CAM Programmes and inspection techniques to verify
- First article evaluations and reporting, including utilisation of IPI Visual FAIR software
- New product introduction evaluation to standards both customer and internal
- Design of jigs and fixtures to support robust processes
- Work within the supply chain to achieve best results for projects
- Foster continuous improvement through closed loop feedback of production data with the operations team
- Write and implement capex proposals to generate value from investment, recommending improvement projects
- Participate in R&D projects as necessary
- Build PPAP portfolios for new parts ensuring process
- Support SQDCP, MRB, ANDON and participate in completing Team Value Plan activities
To be successful in the role of Conformance Machining Engineer, you may have previously worked as a Quality Engineer, FAIR Engineer, CAD CAM Engineer or Metrology Engineer and you will possess the following qualities:
- CAD/CAM Engineering experience / Conformance Engineering within a manufacturing environment is essential
- Competency with Delcam Powermill software would be a distinct advantage
- HNC (or equivalent) within an engineering discipline
- Machining experience with various metals, machine configurations and multi axis work (5axis milling experience would be highly advantageous)
- CNC process experience and / or programming
- Competence of systemic link to IPI Visual FAIR
- Proven track record as a project leader of change within a results based portfolio
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Conformance Engineer, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.