We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Construction Service Technician to join a highly successful, family owned firm who have 19 locations across the UK supplying a wide range of machinery, DIY products, Clothing, Garden Sundries and Footwear.
Salary £24,000 - £30,000 dependent upon experience
As an Construction Service Technician you will be working as part of a team, reporting to the Service Manager. Repairing and maintaining all equipment associates with Construction (but not limited to). Your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults
- Maintain a tidy and organised work station
- Follow company Health & Safety rules
- Lifting of heavy machinery
To be successful in the role of an Construction Service Technician you will have previously worked as a Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, HGV Technician or Repair/Refurb Engineer and possess the following qualities:
- Sound knowledge of Construction machinery
- Basic understanding of Agricultural equipment including combines and balers
- Has the ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and to customer demands, including long hours and weekend cover (rota based)
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent in the use of computers
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Excellent customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Full clean driver’s license
- Be self-motivated
This position is based in Essex and is easily commutable from Chelmsford, Witham, Fyfield, Danbury, Southminster, Maldon, Wickford, Chipping Hill and Braintree
If you are an experienced Construction Service Technician, looking for a new permanent position please apply immediately.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift, who are operating as an employment business.