Our client, a premier global automotive supplier are currently seeking to recruit experienced Die-Casting Machine Setters. As Die-Casting Machine Setter you will report directly to the Team Leader and will be the first response to any minor automated issues that affect casting production on a shift by shift basis.
hours of work will be Double Days – 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm rotating weekly Monday to Friday. This opportunity commands a competitive salary, shift allowance and benefits package for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Guarantee a safe working environment
- Ensure all production processes conform to current quality standards
- Manufacture parts in time to satisfy customer demand
- Strive to improve production processes
- Be an active part of team to undertake root cause analysis of non-conforming production and implement corrective actions
- Be competent in running Buhler die cast machines, recovery of ABB robots from an emergency stop position and all aspects of melt furnace operation including additions to maintain metallurgical spec
- Tool changing of Die Cast machine and good knowledge of SMED
- Training of Operators on how to operate ABB robots and recover from an error state or emergency stop, along with the training of Melt furnace process
- Record hourly performance and key characteristics of parts produced
- Manufacturing liaison and reporting shortfalls to Manufacturing supervision
To be successful in the role of Die-Casting Machine Setter you will possess the following qualities:
- Proven production experience in die casting environment using Buhler die casting machines and Striko furnaces
- Experience of problem solving
- Use of 5S to improve production environment
- Overhead crane
- Understanding of KPI’s to track performance
- ABB robot operation and programming
- FLT is desirable
- Experience in casting die / tool setting would be advantageous
This position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced Machine Setter, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.