We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Domestic Horticultural Salesperson to join a highly successful, family owned firm who have 19 locations across the UK supplying a wide range of machinery, DIY products, Clothing, Garden Sundries and Footwear.
Salary £22,000 - £25,000 dependent upon experience + Bonus
As an Domestic Horticultural Salesperson you will Report directly to the Branch & Sales Manager, responsible for the Domestic Grass Machinery Showroom sales. Your key responsibilities will include:
Maximise sales opportunities for the department in a courteous and effective manner
- Assist in the showroom and part department during quieter periods
- Achieve Sales Performance targets as set out by direct line manager
- Representing the Dealership and portfolio of brands to customers in define sales area of reasonability
- Maintain up to date product knowledge
- Attending customer focused events
- Ensuring products are delivered to customer in-line with brand and company guidelines and the customer experience is first class
- Build strong and loyal relationships with customers within the sales area.
To be successful in the role of Domestic Horticultural Salesperson, you will have previously worked as a Sales Advisor, Salesperson, Sales Representative, Sales Consultant or Sales Rep and possess the following qualities:
- Excellent people skills and enjoy working with the general public
- Familiarity of working in a retail environment and showroom experience
- Motivated by sales and targets
- Ability to upsell
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere and can cope under pressure during busy periods
- Good communication skills: face to face, letter, email and fax
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of cash, cheque and card payments
- A team player-capable of working alone or with other team staff
- Able to use own initiative
- Smart & presentable appearance
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
This position is based in Essex and is easily commutable from Clacton-on-sea, West Mersea, Harwich, Ipswich, Sudbury, Colchester, Braintree, Halstead, Hadleigh, Glemsford, Chelmsford, Maldon, .
If you are an experienced Domestic Horticultural Salesperson looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift who are operating as an employment business.