We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Controls Engineer to join a highly successful and leading manufacturer based in South Yorkshire.
Salary up to £40,000 per annum, dependent upon experience.
As Electrical Controls Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for the full process of Electrical Control Systems. Working either as an individual or as part of a team at the designated workplace and occasionally at other sites. Your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- To apply standards and engineering principles in the design of controls systems.
- To meet the requirements of the specification using efficient designs.
- Take ownership of a Customer’s order, completing all designs, component selection, calculations, 2D & 3D drawings, documentation, conformance, and testing.
- Creation of Technical Files.
- Specify electrical control requirements.
- Select, size & apply components correctly.
- Maintain BOM’s & Production orders.
- Document/Drawing control and issuing for production/manufacture.
- Work efficiently, completing designs on time and on budget.
- Optimise designs to minimise the use of resources.
- Integration of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic components.
- Provide technical support to the Sales Team, Production Team, DCA and Customers.
- Component analysis, testing & reporting (After Sales)
- Liaise with the Sales Team, DCA and Customers to create quotations, job costings & detailed specifications.
- Maintain test facilities & equipment.
To be successful in the role of Electrical Controls Engineer you will have previously worked as an Electrical Controls Engineer or Electrical Systems Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer and possess the following qualities:
- Able to design and assemble electrical control systems
- Experience with hydraulic power units (HPU’s) or stand alone systems
- PLC Programming experience
- Previous use of Siemens or Mitsubishi controls
This position is based in South Yorkshire and is easily commutable from Doncaster, Sheffield, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Goole, Castleford, Leeds and Gainsborough.
If you are an experienced Electrical Controls Engineer, looking for a new permanent position please apply immediately.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift, who are operating as an employment business.