Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Engineer to join their team. As Environmental Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for supporting the Environmental, Health and Safety Director in the day to day operational requirements to ensure compliance of Site Environmental Operating Permit for Chemical Processing and Surface Treatment.
Hours of work will be 07.30 – 16.30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07.30 – 12.30 (Friday). Salary circa £40,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the EHS Director, your key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the implementation of best available techniques and controls from results of hazard analysis
- Support and drive the implementation of an environmental management system i.e. ISO 14001:2015
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate environmental accidents and incidents
- Compile, analyse and report incident, loss data; prepare data for monthly reports
- Investigate and review environmental incidents and reports
- Advise and recommend on essential environmental requirements during the purchase of equipment and supplies
- Coordinate and undertake environmental inspections and audits and prepare suitable reports with appropriate recommendations
- Assist in occupational health, safety and environmental inductions
To be successful in the role of Environmental Engineer, you may have previously worked as an EHS Manager, EHS Engineer or EHS Auditor and you will possess the following qualities:
·Strong track record of working within similar role within a manufacturing / engineering environment
·Experience of working on a site with environmental permits in place would be highly advantageous
·Suitable experience of developing and presenting in-house environmental training programs
·Ability to undertake environmental audits / inspections is essential
·Previous experience in management of waste water / effluent treatment would be a distinct advantage
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Environmental Engineer, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.