The client are an established and successful manufacturer of products and technology to industries such as civil engineering, construction and land surveying. They are seeking to recruit a field based machine control support technician.
The main purpose of the role will be to install, repair, service and calibrate a range of electrical equipment and products and to provide technical support and service to the companies client and customer base.
The duties and responsibilities for the role will be;
- Installation, calibration and set up of machine control products and technology on client and customer machinery and equipment
- Testing, troubleshooting and support on machine control systems
- Technical field support
- Carry out basic training to customer staffing
- Complete documentation and reports as per company procedures and requirements.
If you are a service engineer who holds the following skills and experience then I would be interested in receiving your application;
- A knowledge of survey/construction technology and instruments (GPS, TPS, Laser)
- Industry led qualification or work experience
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge as well as hydraulic knowledge
- Ability to understand technical or mechanical issues relating to construction industry
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Welding and fabrication skills would be advantageous
- A working knowledge of UK construction and terminology
- Able to work away throughout the UK, overnight in some cases
- A valid driving license
The company is based near St Neots, so surrounding towns such as Peterborough, Cambridge, Bedford would be easily commutable - the role however is field based and extensive travel throughout the UK would be expected.
The company offer competitive holidays, pension, excellent commission structure, company vehicle, laptop, phone, business expense card.
This vacancy is advertised by Swift Placements who are a recruitment agent.