The company design and manufacture bespoke engineering systems and machinery for various industry sectors including automotive and defence. Due to increased sales and growth they are seeking to strengthen their team by the recruitment of a Financial Controller.
Reporting to the MD - the main purpose of the role is the responsibility for all the financial management and strategy of the business including statutory compliance.
Key responsibilities and duties would be;
- Produce monthly management accounts for company and group
- Produce weekly updates on financial performance for the group
- Forecast quarterly, annual and 3 year performance for P&L, B/S and cash position
- Manage annual audit and statutory accounts production
- Manage financials for other companies in the group overseas
- Manage payroll, accounts and admin team
- Manage company pension scheme and compliance
- Produce and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Manage IT compliance for the group
- Support sales team with finance solutions for customers
I would be keen to receive your application if you are an accountant who holds the following experience and skills;
- A qualified accountant with experience of managing a finance function with a SME
- IT literate with an excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel and Sage Line 50
- Knowledge of MRP systems and stock and WIP calculations
- Knowledge of international trade finance including letters of credit and bank guarantees
- Knowledge of contract income or POC accounting
- Knowledge of employment and contract law
- Able to work to and meet deadlines
The role is a day shift Monday to Friday with some flexibility in working hours
The company are based in the Malvern area so are easily commutable from Worcester, Hereford, Cheltenham, Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Redditch, Birmingham
Salary - up to £55,000 per annum
The work environment is a very friendly, supportive and pleasant one - benefits - pension, competitive holidays, free on site parking, training and development opportunities.
Apply now to be considered....
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift Placements who operate as a recruitment agency.