Our client, a highly successful market leader within its sector is currently looking to recruit for an experienced Print Operator. As Print Operator you will operate designated Printing Machines to produce High Quality Flexo Print on a range of flexible packaging substrates.
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience. Working hours will be 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm rotating however actual days worked will be discussed at interview stage.
Reporting directly to the Print Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure efficient and consistent target running speeds are met together with well-planned job changes, make ready and stereo mount / removal and sleeve return.
- Identifying and promptly resolving and /or reporting any equipment malfunction, material, safety, and or quality issues.
- Manage films / inks / plate’s inventory and other materials in an efficient manner minimising waste and maximising re-use where quality requirements can be met.
- Carry out Quality / Process checks in line with the requirements set out in works procedures and the quality system and record them as required on relevant documentation or computerised systems.
- To be proactive in offering ideas for continuously improving the efficiency and quality of the process.
- Train department personnel where required to maximise their effectiveness in carrying out their tasks
To be successful in the role of Print Operator, you will possess the following qualities:
- Experienced in the operation of Flexographic Printing Presses together with plate mounting and inks mixing / colour matching techniques
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work on own at times however, also with excellent team working and interpersonal skills
This position is based in Halesowen and is easily accessible from Stourbridge, Dudley, Smethwick, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Kidderminster and Birmingham.
If you are an experienced Print Operator, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.