The client are a manufacturer and supplier of components, products and systems to various industry sectors. They despatch to a global customer base and, due to continued confidence in the sectors they supply into, are seeking to recruit a Freight/Transport Co-Ordinator into the team
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will carry out duties within the transport team, primarily to despatch products to customers who are based around the world
Responsibilities / Job duties are as follows;
- To arrange deliveries to clients via courier, air and sea freight
- Responsible for carrier bookings and communications
- Prepare export documentation ensuring compliance with regulations (locally and overseas), liaising with chamber of commerce and associated bodies
- Ensure timely and accurate dispatch of customer orders by co-ordination of logistics, import and export shipping operations
- Producing commercial invoices, packing lists and certificate of origin - logging/filing onto company computer system
- Assisting customers via e-mail and telephone
- Liaise with credit control to check customers account status, and sales to ensure shipping to customer requirements and to delivery schedule
As a despatch clerk you will need to hold the following skills and experience.
- Held a previous transport/freight role
- Understanding legal and regulatory requirements for importing / exporting of goods for the UK
- Strong administration experience, computer literate and good Office skills (Word, Outlook etc)
- Must be able to work on own initiative, work to deadlines and be comfortable in a hands on role
- Hold strong organisation skills and able to work with attention to detail
- Confident telephone manner and a friendly, courteous persona
- Expertise of SAP would be advantageous but not essential
The client is based in Redditch so would be easily commutable from Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Worcester, Solihull, Droitwich, Alcester.
Competitive holidays, pension, life insurance, medical plan, free parking, friendly and supportive team/culture.
The role is Days. 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday. Friday 7.30am to 1.30pm.
Please apply now to be considered for this position...
This role is being advertised by Swift Placements who operate as a recruitment agency.