Commercial Vehicle Technician
Great rates of pay are on offer for the right candidate
c£30,000 - c£32,000 basic plus overtime @ 1.5 x basic rate
My client is the UK’s largest agricultural & construction dealership, with many different locations across East Anglia and the South East, offering first quality service and support to their customers.
They are looking for an experienced Commercial Vehicle Technician to join the existing team at their successful branch, based in Essex.
Reporting directly to the Transport Manager, you will be responsible for performing mechanical repairs, preventative maintenance checks and general maintenance to the Company’s fleet of cars, light / heavy commercial vehicles and trailers.
This is a varied role within the transport department, therefore someone with an open mind and a can’ do attitude is required. You must be experienced in carrying out weekly checks and MOT preparation on light commercial vehicles.
- Proven experience within the commercial vehicle industry
- Ability to diagnose vehicle mechanical and electrical faults
- Maintain repair, safety inspection and service records on each vehicle
- Previous use of all specialised and associated equipment to include familiarity with hand tools, power tools, welders, grinders, air and hydraulic jacks etc. in performing vehicle maintenance, servicing & repairs
- Perform heavy manual labour tasks within established health and safety practices and procedures at all times
- Able to work alone and on your own initiative
- Understand, follow and apply verbal and written instructions
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Essex, CM9
Hours: 39hrs per week – 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday (1hr unpaid lunch)
Overtime above 39hrs per week will be paid at time and a half
Contract: Permanent, Full time, hourly paid
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience, plus company vehicle
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then please do not hesitate to apply now!