We are seeking to recruit a Horizontal Borer for an established and successful precision engineering company who, due to fantastic sales and growth, are looking to add and strengthen their team.
Reporting to the Works Manager - the main purpose of the role is to set and machine components using a horizontal borer and milling machines
Key responsibilities and duties would be;
- Carry out setting and machining of components using a horizontal boring machines and milling machines
- Interpret and to read technical drawings
- Maintain equipment, tooling and the workshop environment
- Use of measuring equipment to establish correct fit and tolerance to drawings
I would be keen to receive your application if you hold the following experience and skills;
- Knowledge and experience of horizontal boring and milling process and applications
- Able to read and understand technical engineering drawings
- Ability to maintain tools and equipment to perform their functions safely and efficiently
- Knowledge and experience of inspection procedures and process
- Knowledge of grinding and turning would be advantageous but not essential
The role is Days - Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.45pm and Friday 8am to 1pm
The company are based in Redditch so are easily commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Droitwich, Dudley, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Stratford upon Avon, Studley, Henley in Arden.
Salary - £29,000 to £30,628 per annum
The work environment is a very friendly, supportive and pleasant one - benefits - pension, competitive holidays, free on site parking, training and development opportunities.
Apply now to be considered....
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift Placements who operate as a recruitment agency.