We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Horticultural Service Technician to join a highly successful, family owned firm who have 18 locations across the UK supplying a wide range of machinery, DIY products, Clothing, Garden Sundries and Footwear.
Salary £24,000 - £30,000 dependent upon experience
As a Horticultural Service Technician you will be working as part of a team, reporting to the Service Manager. Repairing and maintaining all equipment associated with Horticultural (both domestic and professional) machinery sold by the sales department. Your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Repair and maintain equipment associated with Horticultural machinery
- Diagnose hydraulic and electrical faults
- Heavy lifting but apply common sense to items that require assistance
To be successful in the role of a Horticultural Service Technician you will have previously worked as a Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, HGV Technician or Repair/Refurb Engineer and possess the following qualities:
- Knowledge of Utility, Garden and small Agricultural machinery
- Knowledge of both Domestic or Professional Grass Machinery is advantageous
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Good general appearance
- Excellent customer service skills both face to face and over the telephone
- Be self-motivated
- Full clean driver’s licence
This position is based in Kent and is easily commutable from Gravesend, Dartford, Snodland, Maidstone, Sittingbourne, Tunbridge Wells, Woldingham, Wilmington, Mottingham and Bromley.
If you are an experienced Horticultural Service Technician, looking for a new permanent position please apply immediately.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift, who are operating as an employment business.