We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to join a highly successful and leading manufacturer based in Birmingham. This role is ideal for someone who wants a genuine progression and development opportunity into a HR Business Partner position moving forward.
As HR Advisor you will ultimately be responsible for actively supporting the business by providing a comprehensive, effective and professional HR service to all employees through best practice and ensuring compliance with all company processes and policies and employment legislation.
Salary up to £35,000 per annum, depending upon experience.
Reporting directly to the Head of Human Resources, your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Provide customer focused and comprehensive HR advice and support to managers and employees in line within organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements
- Provide appropriate HR advice on key issues such as Disciplinaries, Grievances and Employee health issues whilst ensuring legislation, policy and best practice are followed
- Support Managers and Team Leaders in Disciplinary, Grievance and Capability matters, including conducting investigations, attending hearings, providing advice and counsel to achieve the optimum outcome
- Liaison with Occupational Health providers to ensure the company meets its health and safety obligations by managing referrals and liaising with all parties involved to reduce absence.
- Support Managers and Team Leaders with Attendance Management meetings, liaising with the HR Operations to ensure the process is managed effectively
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to maternity, paternity and other family friendly policies and process where necessary, to ensure compliance with legislation and policy and business practice.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR processes, keeping them under regular review to ensure they meet changing business needs and become an expert source for HR systems and processes
- Contribute to the development of HR policies and procedures to ensure they remain in line with current legislation
- Produce management information on an ad hoc basis to support the business, analysing trends and make recommendations
- Conduct exit interviews ensuring relevant information is communicated and fed back to Managers if appropriate
- Support Health and Safety initiatives as required through effective liaison with H & S Management
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice to ensure continuous development and improvement
- Provide support to Resourcing Specialist and Operations Team on an ad hoc basis to meet business needs if required
- Liaise with Payroll Clerk as required to ensure smooth operation and delivery of payroll to UK and European employees
- Identify and propose improvements to departmental systems and processes to enhance and improve service delivery
To be successful in the role of HR Advisor you will possess the following qualities:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in HRM or a business discipline, or qualified by experience
- Graduate CIPD preferred
- Significant experience of working in a busy HR department and part of a multi-discipline team within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of payroll processes would be beneficial
- Proven track record of successfully managing a diverse workload with the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Used to prioritising own workload and meeting deadlines
- Innovative and able to identify continuous improvement strategies to enhance departmental performance
- Computer literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages and ADP systems
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, West Bromwich, Great Barr, Solihull, Redditch and Bromsgrove.
If you are an experienced HR Advisor, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.