Due to expansion, our client, one of the leading manufacturers within their field, are seeking to appoint an experienced HR Manager. As HR Manager you will be the one to ensure the company have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realise the established mission and objectives. Promoting company values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of this position.
This a part time role and the expectation is that hours will be approximately 20 hours per week with some flexibility required at times. Salary circa £38,000 - £40,000 per annum, pro rata plus excellent benefits package.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing recruitment, selection, and the onboarding process
- Managing the appraisal system and conducting appraisal meetings
- Monthly individual staff meetings to ensure fluid communication links
- Ensuring that procedures comply with employment regulations
- Monitor various aspects of employee’s performance, such as attendance and sick leave
- Implementation and monitoring of KPI’s
- Assessing the need for training and then designing and implementing training programs accordingly
- Handling any disciplinary processes and formal grievances
- Working with the MD to set and review pay structures, benefits, rewards, and incentives
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change
- Provide advice and support on all aspects of staff welfare
- Maintaining work culture and teamwork by bridging management and employee relations
- Reviewing and streamlining of existing policies and procedures
- Job reviews and standardization of job descriptions
- Review and update employee contracts
To be successful in the role of HR Manager, you will possess the following qualities:
- CIPD Level 5 qualified minimum (or equivalent)
- Demonstratable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen and effectively verbalise ideas
- Strong leadership skills to guide Line Managers and support and motivate staff
- A solid understanding of employment law
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations including during disciplinary hearings of staff conflicts
- Solid ethics, morals, and sound judgement
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels within the company
- The ability to work on own initiative and independently, but with the ability to feedback to a wider group
- Proficient in IT with the ability to use the company MRP system, manipulate data to provide feedback to the management team
This position is based in Redditch and is easily accessible from Studley, Alcester, Bromsgrove, Evesham, Kidderminster, Droitwich, Worcester, Birmingham and Warwick.
If you are an experienced HR Manager, looking for a new part time opportunity please apply immediately.