Our client, a premier supplier within their field are currently seeking to recruit an experienced HR Manager. As HR Manager you will report directly to the General Manager and be responsible for the development and delivery of HR initiatives and strategies across the company. The HR Manager is expected to contribute at both a strategic and operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support the business needs, in addition to providing a customer focused HR service. You will also be responsible, with the support of the HSE team, for maintaining all HSE and ergonomic standards across the company.
This position will be working 08.30 – 17.00 (Monday to Thursday) and 08.30 – 14.00 (Fridays) however, flexibility will be required at times and a night shift will be required occasionally to stay connected. This opportunity commands a competitive salary, car allowance and benefits package for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with all employees, department managers, Management Team members, direct reports, committees and teams so each will feel comfortable seeking support for HR related issues
- Develop, implement and oversee all HR systems, including hiring, performance management, training & development, health & Safety, environmental, and other HR systems required.
- Influence the development, implementation of, or changes, to labour relation strategies and drive any resulting programs or strategies as assigned
- Effectively builds and fosters high performing teams by ensuring teamwork.
- Provide leadership to the Human Resources Team
- Responsible to oversee the Workforce Planning, using demographic information to analyse manpower requirements over a long-term basis. Works closely with the leadership team to understand business requirements/changes as it pertains to manpower planning
- Analyse future resourcing needs based on the business plan and build sustainable internal succession pipelines through talent management strategies and development programs
- Establish and maintain effective policies and procedures for the division to ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees, including overseeing all matters pertaining to the application of hiring and advancements, progressive discipline, termination, lay-off or recalls, health and safety, or any other employee relations issue that may arise
- Responsible for overseeing the development and administration of Education and Training programs in a variety of formats including E-learning, classroom, hands-on, role playing, etc. The Human Resources Manager in cooperation with the L&D Partner develops, coordinates and/or conducts training sessions as required. Ensures that all education and development related database and library materials are maintained.
- Responsible for administration of the Compensation and Benefit programs. Analyse results and make recommendations for pay structure revisions.
- Responsible for Safety, Wellness, Ergonomics and Environmental programs. The HR Manager works closely with Department Leaders to reintegrate injured employees to the workplace. Ensures effective return-to-work program is in place and monitors employee progress. Works to reduce the division’s costs as it pertains to Workers Compensation, STD, LTD, etc.
- Facilitate open communication to all employees using various methods including Team and Department Meetings, Workshops, Team Buildings, employee-handouts and other effective approaches
- Conduct and/or ensures that all Supervisors/Leaders investigate all non-conformance to Company polices/procedures/rules/regulations and apply the applicable corrective action.
- Develop department action plan to lead the HR team to achieve strategic goals and continuous improvement objectives in alignment with business plan.
- Support the budget planning process and take responsibility to meet the financial targets. Ensure the preparation, timely submission and effective management of HR Dept. annual budget
- Oversee the activities of contracted personnel (Temporary Staffing Agency)
- Assist in the development of procedures and methods which improve Safety, Quality, Timing, Cost and Motivation.
- Conduct regular department meetings to communicate Safety, Quality, Timing, Cost and Motivation information and to promote involvement in issues affecting employees or their work areas.
- Conduct performance reviews informally or formally as required and ensure performance reviews are completed for all employees.
- Manage the payroll process with the support of the HR Team
To be successful in the role of HR Manager, you will possess the following qualities:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Management or related field required - CIPD Level 5 or above
- Experience in managing a HR Department in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (automotive or castings background would be highly advantageous)
- Proven generalist experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels.
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice.
- Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching team members
- Experience in implementing and driving Health and Safety within a business
- Awareness of behavioural safety
- Ability to manage technical staff
- Risk assessor
- Investigator / problem solver
- The Human Resources Manager combines technical, human, and conceptual skills to plan, control, and lead all areas of responsibility toward meeting objectives.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction
- PC Literacy – MS office
This position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced HR Manager, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.