We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR officer to join a highly successful and leading manufacturer based in Birmingham.
As HR Officer you will proactively support the operation of the business by providing a comprehensive, effective and professional HR service to all employees through best practice and ensuring compliance with all company processes and policies and employment legislation.
Salary is circa £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending upon experience. There is also the opportunity to work from home one day a week.
Reporting directly to the HR Operations Manager, your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Foster close working relationships with Business Unit Managers to ensure that HR activity is effectively managed
- Provide customer focused and comprehensive HR advice, guidance and support to managers and employees in line within organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements
- Provide appropriate HR advice and guidance on key issues such as Disciplinaries, Grievances and Employee health issues whilst ensuring legislation, policy and best practice are followed
- Support Managers and Team Leaders in Disciplinary, Grievance, Performance and Capability matters, including conducting investigations, attending hearings, providing advice and counsel to achieve the optimum outcome
- Provide coaching and training to line managers in all matters relating to employee relations and performance management
- Liaison with Occupational Health providers to ensure the company meets its health and safety obligations by managing referrals and liaising with all parties involved to reduce absence.
- Support Managers and Team Leaders with Attendance Management meetings, liaising with the HR Operations to ensure the process is managed effectively
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to maternity, paternity and other family friendly policies and process where necessary, to ensure compliance with legislation and policy and business practice.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR processes, keeping them under regular review to ensure they meet changing business needs and become an expert source for HR systems and processes
- Contribute to the development of HR policies and procedures to ensure they remain in line with current legislation
- Produce management information on an ad hoc basis to support the business, analysing trends and make recommendations
- Conduct exit interviews ensuring relevant information is communicated and fed back to Managers if appropriate
- Support Health and Safety initiatives as required through effective liaison with H & S Management
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding of new employees on an ad hoc basis to meet business needs if required
- Liaise with Payroll Clerk as required to ensure smooth operation and delivery of payroll to UK and European employees
To be successful in the role of HR Officer, you will possess the following qualities:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in HRM or a business discipline, or qualified by experience
- Minimum Associate Member CIPD Level 5, ideally Level 7
- Significant experience of working in a busy HR department and part of a multi-disciplined team, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of payroll processes would be beneficial
- Proven track record of successfully managing a diverse workload with the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Innovative and able to identify continuous improvement strategies to enhance departmental performance
- Computer literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages and ADP systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proactive and able to use initiative and work under minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to develop strong, professional relationships with colleagues and customers
- Self-motivated and a quick learner, capable of multi-tasking and comfortable when working under pressure in a limited time span
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, West Bromwich, Great Barr, Solihull, Redditch and Bromsgrove.
If you are an experienced HR Officer, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.