We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Internal Recruiter to join a highly successful and leading manufacturer based in Birmingham on a six month fixed term contract.
As Internal Recruiter you will ultimately be responsible for managing resourcing activities including planning, attracting and selecting new employees, working collaboratively with managers and stakeholders from all areas of the business to provide advice and support to assist each area throughout the recruitment process.
Salary up to £35,000 per annum (pro rata), dependent upon experience.
Reporting directly to the Head of Human Resources, your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Contribute to recruitment planning, development and delivery to meet business needs
- Work with stakeholders to understand recruitment needs, agreeing timescales for delivery and key outcomes, effectively managing expectations
- Manage recruitment of Under-Graduates and Apprentices, liaising with educational partners and internal stakeholders to maximise potential candidates
- Formulate and maintain competency frameworks for vacancies, to include core qualities and skills required for vacancies, in line with the business’ values
- Provide recruitment statistics and management information on a monthly basis, identifying trends and issues and proposing solutions to effectively manage issues, monitoring response, success rates, cost of hire etc. to ensure recruitment goals are being met in a cost effective / timely manner
- Support internal staff with interviews, including coaching and training where appropriate
- Manage the internal recruitment process and ensure existing employees have a positive experience when applying for post internally
- Oversee onboarding of new employees, working with Learning & Development as required, to ensure a positive experience
- Proactively seek out new and alternative channels to reach potential applicants
- Ensure recruitment processes are carried out in a professional, structured and consistent manner across the business and ensure they are compliant with regulatory and legal requirements
- Provide appropriate advice on all matters of recruitment and ensuring that company policy and best practice is followed
- Develop and update recruitment policies and procedures to ensure they are in line with current legislation
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice to ensure continuous development and improvement
- Provide support to wider HR Team on an ad hoc basis to meet business needs if required
- Identify and propose improvements to departmental systems and processes to enhance and improve service delivery
To be successful in the role of Internal Recruiter you will possess the following qualities:
- Previous experience of managing the recruitment cycle within an engineering or technical field across a wide variety of functions / skill areas from front line employees to management
- Experience of developing and implementing assessment and selection tools
- Knowledge & experience of current recruitment best practice & candidate attraction methods
- Self-motivated and driven – but not to the exclusion of others
- Able to effectively prioritise a diverse and heavy workload, using available resources to meet deadlines
- Innovative and able to identify continuous improvement strategies to enhance departmental performance
- Computer literate, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages, ADP and ATS systems
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, West Bromwich, Great Barr, Solihull, Redditch and Bromsgrove.
If you are an experienced Internal Recruiter, looking for a new short term contract please apply immediately.