A Junior Grower is required to join a successful family run business based in Hereford with over 40 years’ experience of producing quality produce. As a Junior Grower, you will be responsible for assisting the Growing Managers in their duties in order to learn and gain experience from them.
Salary £22,725 per annum, Will pay higher for an experienced candidate
Main duties of the role will include:
- Irrigation -To have a full understanding of the crops needs. Collecting drain and drip water records. Monitoring EC and PH. Maintain and be able to run Priva Office
- Preparation of Tunnels & Crop Planting – Understand planting depths techniques, spacing’s understand plant protection in initial stages of planting also insure adequate substrate moistures keep all required records
- Crop Maintenance & Husbandry – Have a clear understanding of plant behaviour understand reasons for runnering flowering flower initiation. Able to understand plant deficiencies, biological control and requirements.
- Crop monitoring – Ensure that crop and environmental system are accurately controlled and monitored all the times. To arrange leaf, soil and water analysis in time. To ensure bio controls are applied in time. Ensure pests and diseases are monitored and appropriate action is taken. Ensure that all growing practices and procedures are compliant with all audit & customer requirements.
- Quality assurance & Communication Work closely with colleagues in all departments. To ensure that any potential problems are reported to the Head of Growing or other relevant members of staff.
- Crop Spray To cover spray operations when and where required.
- policies & Rules & Procedures Ensure self-compliance to all Company and Statutory Rules, Policies and Procedures.
To be successful in the role of A Junior Grower, you may have previous experience with the following:
- Operational & Commercial Focus – Practical and decisive. Understands how an effective and efficiently run growing operation and can contribute to stronger overall business profitability
- Management - Plans and organises meticulously to ensure successful outcomes in terms of adherence to quality, cost and timeframe parameters.
- People Management –A strong communicator both within and outside the Growing team. Able to develop productive working relationships with colleagues in other parts of the business.
This position is based in Hereford and is easily commutable from Hereford, Worcester, Leominster, Ludlow, Malvern and Ross on Wye
If you are a Junior Grower looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift who are operating as an employment business.