Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join their team. As Laboratory Technician you will provide the necessary support to all areas of the laboratory to ensure routine release testing and first article reports are completed on time.
Hours of work will be Monday to Thursday 7.30am-4.30pm and Fridays 7.30am-12.30pm. Salary circa £23,000 - £28,000 per annum, depending upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Senior Metallurgist, your key responsibilities will include:
- Machining of test samples – lathe, CNC, milling, band sawing
- Metallographic preparation and testing – macro and micro
- Mechanical testing – tensile, impact, fracture toughness, bend
- Chemical analysis, hydrogen testing
- Closely follow technical procedures
To be successful in the role of Laboratory Technician you will possess the following qualities:
- Machining skills – lathe, milling, CNC
- Metallographic preparation
- Mechanical testing
- High level of accuracy
- Able to use Microsoft Office
- Training can be provided to suitable applicants
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are a Laboratory Technician, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.