An award winning global manufacturer has an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance & Facilities Technician to join their team. As Maintenance & Facilities Technician you will be responsible for providing maintenance support on all manufacturing plant and equipment on site (both reactive and proactive).
Salary £17.15 per hour plus highly competitive benefits package. Hours of work are 7am-3.45pm (Mon-Thurs) and 7am-12pm (Fri).
Your key responsibilities as Maintenance & Facilities Technician will include:
- Implement repair and maintain plant manufacturing equipment for all Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical breakdowns
- Undertake routine Maintenance duties
- Liaise with sub-contract toolmakers and service providers to ensure timely support for breakdown and tooling issues
- Implement and maintain planned maintenance programme ensuring this is balanced with capacity planning and fulfils all EHS requirements.
- Provide effective Facility Management services across site and unit facilities and equipment to include construction, infrastructure repair and maintain.
- Liaise with Sub-contractors related to facility maintenance such as air conditioning, water, electricity, fabric of the building and roofing.
- Accountable for services such as cleaning, security, heating and air conditioning, to make sure the surrounding environment is in a suitable condition to work.
- Establish maintenance programs for all plant & equipment
- Maintain and develop the critical spares list and spares for all Plant & Equipment
- Manage Critical machine review/ Manage Maintenance/capacity planning
- Identify and implement improvements in line with company system
- Capex- Create and manage Capex projects from Ranking, justification, MESH and introduction both facility and production/process
- MESH- Support Health and safety manager in control and operation of MESH functions.
- Working closely with EHS & CI Departments, Championing/Leading EHS Elements to include but not limited to Contractor Control, Security, Energy Usage, Emergency Protection Systems and working at height.
- Supports risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Carry out IH, environmental measurement and manage results.
To be successful in the role of Maintenance & Facilities Technician, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of Pneumatics and Hydraulics is essential – Electrics would be advantage.
- Experience of working within a Lean organisation and using Lean tools an advantage.
- Must be flexible to support occasional breakdowns outside of normal working hours
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good data capture and analysis skills
This position is based in Redditch and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Solihull, Kidderminster, Worcester, Warwick, Stourbridge, Studley and Alcester.
If you are an experienced Maintenance & Facilities Technician, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.