Our client, a highly successful, well established FMCG organisation are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Engineer. As Maintenance Engineer you will report directly to the Engineering Supervisor / Chargehand and be responsible and accountable for the safe, efficient and cost effective operation of the site.
This position will be working 4 on / 4 off, Days and Night Rotating (6am-6pm / 6pm-6am) Monday to Friday. This opportunity commands a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and delivering, whilst under pressure of the FMCG environment, a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement in all areas of the engineering arena, aiming for world class manufacturing
- Deliver safe, high performance engineering solutions within a fast paced FMCG environment whilst minimising downtime and costs to the site
- Ensure all work is completed in an organised professional manner being fully accountable for all tools and equipment used
- Actively input into discussions and plans required to drive down Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
- Ensure that Mean Time Taken to Repair (MTTR) is improved and review via root cause analysis with engineering team in accordance with set KPI’s
- Ensure PPM schedule is completed as requested
- Ensure all reporting requirements are supplied in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Safety Health & Environment (SHE), Quality, Food Safety, Customer and Regulatory standards such as FSA, BRC, PIU and any specific customer needs
- Completing daily paperwork including Breakdown Analysis Reports (BAR)
- Coach and assist apprentices
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Engineer you will possess the following qualities:
- Proven track record of a similar role, maintaining plant reliability, within an FMCG / Food manufacturing environment
- Experience of working to the expected high standards of GMP
- Able to commit to working as a member of a team understanding all requirements and roles within that team
- Actively drives forward continuous improvement and operational excellence
This position is based in Banbury and is easily commutable from Oxford, Daventry, Northampton, Stratford Upon Avon, Moreton-in-Marsh and Royal Leamington Spa.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Engineer, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.