Maintenance Engineer is required to join a highly successful, leading second tier automotive manufacturer. As Maintenance Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for carrying out mechanical and electrical repairs and preventative maintenance to power presses. Salary circa £15 per hour plus shift allowance of 20%. Hours of work will be rotating on a weekly basis between 7am-3pm / 3pm-11pm / 11pm-7am Monday to Friday.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking mechanical and electrical repairs to power presses and associated equipment
- Responsible for preventative maintenance
- To maintain all plant and machinery on the site.
- To install new plant and equipment.
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance as instructed, and identify areas for improvement.
- To diagnose and analytically solve machine related problems.
- To ensure that all work carried out is undertaken using safe working practices, whilst ensuring the safety of persons operating on or around machine.
- To install and repair plant and equipment, ensuring all safety requirements are met and adhered to.
- To work within the department, supporting and assisting colleagues as and when required.
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Engineer, you may have previously worked as a Maintenance Fitter, Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Fitter, Mechanical Technician or Multi-Skilled Engineer and you will possess the following qualities:
- Experience of undertaking maintenance and repairs to power presses (Ideally Wilkins and Mitchell) up to 1500 Ton is essential
- Multi-Skilled background is essential, being able to undertake both mechanical and electrical repairs
- Proven track record of working within an automotive maintenance environment is required
- Must be conversant with preventative maintenance techniques
- City & Guilds qualification (or equivalent)
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, Droitwich, Kidderminster, Worcester, Birmingham and Warwick.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Engineer, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.