We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join a highly successful and leading manufacturer based in Birmingham.
As Maintenance Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for the provision of ongoing maintenance within the Plant Engineering department, identifying issues, analysing malfunctioning equipment and systems, recommending corrective action and, on approval, make repairs or modifications under the direction of the Plant Engineers / Manager, monitoring solutions to ensure their effectiveness.
Hours of work will be 5am – 1pm and 1pm – 9pm rotating weekly with weekday and weekend overtime regularly available. Highly competitive salary, shift allowance and benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Plant Engineering Manager, your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Responsibility for the supervision of shift Technicians & apprentices assigned to your shift
- Support the Plant Engineering Manager in the implementation and enforcement of procedures to ensure that deadlines are met in accordance with agreed practices
- Work with the Plant Engineering Manager/Engineers in the development of colleagues to agreed company standards in working practices and processes
- Carrying out periodic preventive maintenance on plant machinery and equipment
- Regularly check quality of instrumentation to meet production, safety and legal requirements
- To assist with project work as required
- Support team building and promote good working relations through example and good practice
- Support colleagues in the identification of improvement activities and problem solving and participate in appropriate activities on an ad hoc basis
- Liaise with Manufacturing Engineers or Managers to ensure departmental needs are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide technical advice in troubleshooting and problem-solving situations and technical support on projects as required
- Support Apprentices with advice and guidance where appropriate
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Engineer you will possess the following qualities:
- Completion of Advanced Apprenticeship, HNC or higher qualification (or equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical or related discipline
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and / or pneumatics
- Experience of a General Machining Workshop including Turning, Milling and fitting of manual tools would be advantageous.
- A high degree of common sense, superb attention to detail and good concentration skills
- A strong determination to get things right first time and excellent manual dexterity
- Computer literate, with knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Familiarity with ISO 9000, knowledge of ISO 14000 would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas, share technical information and communicate at all levels
- Self-motivated and a quick learner and capable of multi-tasking and comfortable when working under pressure in a limited time span
- Good analytical skills and logical reasoning – fault finding
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, West Bromwich, Great Barr, Solihull, Redditch and Bromsgrove.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Engineer, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.