Our client, a highly successful, well established FMCG organisation are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Manager to join their existing team.
As Maintenance Manager you will report directly to the Site Engineering Manager and hold management responsibilities for a high performing Engineering Maintenance team and encouraging a team culture within the business. The core purpose of this position is to drive plant availability through the development, delivering and maintaining of an effective maintenance strategy for the business.
Hours of work will be 09.00 – 18.00 (Monday to Friday) however, you will be required to work such hours as necessary for the efficient performance of your duties – This may include the need to work at weekends, nights and Bank Holidays on occasion.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic management of engineering, people and spares usage to ensure targeted efficiency levels are achieved. Measures include DIFOT, Waste %, OEE, MTBF and MTTR. Deliver downtime targets with actions and owners
- Ensure that Capex spend is managed within budget and delivered on time with good success
- Ensure that PPM system on agility is managed and reviewed so that downtime is minimised and staff usage is monitored
- Ensure all measurement systems are implemented and maintained as required to meet the changing needs of the business
- Ensure all reporting requirements are supplied in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage the Engineering team via a wide variety of communication techniques, for example, meetings, post-it note reviews, focus groups
- Ensure all food safety legislation and quality processes are followed, maintained and improved upon
- Develop, introduce and maintain visual workplace KPI’s for production line teams
- Lead the management and delivery of effective engineering services to site (compressed air, refrigeration, water, effluent, steam, facilities etc)
- Assist in the development of one to three year improvement plans for engineering operations and manufacturing processes
- Review short, medium and long term plans annually to ensure that the plans continue to align with business objectives
- Liaise with Production and Supply Chain managers for engineering planning and downtime
- Chair weekly and daily engineering maintenance meetings as required
- Plan, agree and monitor maintenance expenditure to deliver targeted levels of plant performance within budget
- Ensure that jobs are planned with parts and labour to ensure a timely cost effective hand back to production
- Ensure that plants shut down hours are managed effectively and reviewed regularly – equipment, parts, labour and outcome
- Build the appropriate structure of PPM into the CMMS and with correct content of tasks that will deliver effective asset care
- Ensure compliance with HSE, Quality, Food Safety, Customer and Regulatory standards such as FSA, BRC, PIU and any specific customer needs
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Manager you will possess the following qualities:
- Strong proven track record of a similar role within FMCG (ideally food) manufacturing sector
- Engineering degree or time served engineer (or equivalent)
- Applied knowledge of mechanical systems and PLC / CLX, SCADA, HMI, Robots and drive programming would be desirable
- People management
- Planning and Process control
- H&S, Quality and Food Safety awareness
- Safety knowledge (IOSH) would be desirable
- Ability to manage staff to policies and procedures
- Project Management and Continuous Improvement
This position is based in Banbury and is easily commutable from Oxford, Daventry, Northampton, Stratford Upon Avon, Moreton-in-Marsh and Royal Leamington Spa.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Manager, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.