Our client, a premier global automotive supplier is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Planner / Scheduler. As Maintenance Planner / Scheduler, you will have responsibility for improving work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of labour, parts and material, and equipment access.
This position will be working Days (Monday to Friday) 7:30am – 4pm (37.5 hours per week). In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Prioritising preventative and corrective maintenance work orders within the CMMS
- Providing maintenance technicians with detailed work plans for all non-breakdown activities, with consideration for skills, tooling, and spare parts while setting the highest industry standards
- Improving standardised work plans based on maintenance technician feedback, e.g., estimated hours, tools, spare parts required, etc
- Clearly communicating with the production and maintenance departments to schedule work orders at least 1 week in advance, taking into consideration, labour availability, labour skills, equipment availability, and work order priority/risk
- Ensuring feedback is communicated to all relevant departments upon completion of scheduled work
- Ownership of maintenance documentation and its entry into the CMMS (schematics, manuals, SWIs, single point lessons, supporting documents, etc)
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Planner / Scheduler, you will possess the following qualities:
- Previous experience within the same role
- Working in a safety critical environment
- Broad experience of mechanical and electrical maintenance activities
- Experience working within a CMMS (SSG Insight’s – Agility would be highly desirable)
- Hands-on approach to job planning – Reviewing work orders with a go-look-see attitude
- Die casting, press shop, assembly, or CNC experience would be desirable
- Working in a highly demanding and fast paced environment
- Knowledge of RCM principles would be advantageous
This Position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Planner / Scheduler, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.