An award winning global manufacturer has an opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join their team. As Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for carrying out preventative and unscheduled maintenance to production / site plant and contribute to improving overall equipment effectiveness.
Hours are work will involve mornings, afternoons and night shifts rotating on a weekly basis.
As Maintenance Technician you will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and your main responsibilities will include:
- Carry out preventative maintenance and ensure machines are in a safe condition
- Contribute to Preventative maintenance development / maintenance schedules
- Respond to breakdowns and identify root cause
- Respond to any environmental incidents / be part of emergency response team
- Maintain stores inventory
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Technician you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Electrical or Mechanical apprenticeship (or equivalent)
- Relevant engineering qualifications
- Proven track record of undertaking maintenance and repairs to plastic injection moulding machinery
- Experience with hydraulic and electrical systems would be ideal
- Knowledge of PLC’s and / or CNC Programming would be highly advantageous
This position is based in Brierley Hill and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Stourbridge, Dudley, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Bromsgrove, Redditch and Kidderminster.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Technician, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately. In return, our client offers a salary of up to £16.50 per hour + shift allowance and excellent benefits package.