An award winning global manufacturer has an opportunity for an experienced Manual & Orbital TIG welder to join their team. You will be responsible for the manual and orbital TIG welding of rigid and flexible tube assemblies, brackets and components predominately for the aerospace industry and complying with an AS9100 and NADCAP approved manufacturing facility. This could also include fabrication or finishing operations associated with these jobs.
Salary £16.15 per hour plus highly competitive benefits package. Hours of work are 7am-3.45pm (Monday to Thursday) and 7am – 12midday (Friday).
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, your key responsibilities as Manual & Orbital TIG Welder will include:
- Manual and Orbital TIG welding of mainly tube ranging from 1/4 inch to 2 inch diameter both thin wall and thick tubing. (Materials include but are not limited to Stainless Steel, Inconel, Titanium, and Aluminium.)
- Strict following of Data Cards, process specifications, Engineering Drawings, Standard Work Instructions, Preventative Maintenance, 5S standards and audits, and any other systems or procedures to maintain high Aerospace standards of product integrity and lean manufacturing execution.
- Ability to use, maintain, program orbital and manual TIG welding equipment and the use of measurement equipment such as shadowgraph, borescopes, Vernier, micrometre for inspection and fabrication purposes.
- Able to inspect own work including but not limited to fit to fixture after welding, damage, and finally inspection welds as a qualified visual weld inspector.
- Fabrication and finishing of welded assembles including but not limited to: Prepare components to weld ensuring they conform to a fixture or drawing, Sizing, Facing, Polishing, Linishing, cleaning, post weld polishing, cleaning, and packing.
- Active participation in Safety and Continuous Improvement actives including but not limited to: Guard Check sheets, Risk assessments, Problem solving to reduce scrap & rework, productivity and standard work events, improve workplace organisation and 5S, on the job training of team members.
To be successful in the role of Manual & Orbital TIG Welder, you will possess the following qualifications:
- Welding qualification (or equivalent)
- Proven track record of working within a similar role along with experience of manual welding and fabrication
- IT proficient
This position is based in Redditch and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Solihull, Kidderminster, Worcester, Warwick, Stourbridge, Studley and Alcester.
If you are an experienced Manual & Orbital TIG Welder, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.