Manufacturing Engineer is required to join a highly successful, well-established, leading automotive manufacturer. As Manufacturing Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for focusing on supporting transformation of the production methods and techniques as well as people development within an entire plant to achieve a World Class manufacturing facility.
Salary circa £40,000 per annum, dependent upon experience.
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting analysis of current state using Value Stream Mapping, Spaghetti Diagram, Takt Time, Time etc.
- Creating standardized job instruction sheets, capacity sheets, work combination tables and work charts
- Analysing processes in order to implement single piece flow, cellular manufacturing and just-in-time production
- Creating documents and templates i.e. A3, Pareto, OEE, Ishikawa
- Developing training materials on lean tools and techniques and training others
- Facilitating and leading Kaizen events
- Suggesting and implementing KPIs which will impact the bottom line and drive the right behaviours
- Designing and implementing new facility layouts
- Proposing and implementing solutions for improving efficiencies and material flow within the plant
- Managing projects involving cross-functional teams (including new product introduction and new processes / technology / equipment installation)
- Daily support and resolution of production issues and implementing suggestions for improvement
To be successful in the role of Manufacturing Engineer, you may have previously worked as a Process Engineer, Production Engineer or Industrial Engineer and you will possess the following qualities:
- Good level of manufacturing / industrial / production / process engineering with specific emphasis on Lean Manufacturing
- Deep understanding of Lean Philosophy and proven track record of implementing Lean tools and techniques i.e. VSM, Kanban, SMED, 5S, Pull, Kaizen, PFEP, Visual Management, PDCA
- Excellent analytical skills to identify root causes of problems in a structured and logical way using data and formulate robust solutions
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to effectively work and lead cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications especially Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Self-motivation, drive and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, Droitwich, Kidderminster, Worcester, Birmingham and Warwick.
If you are an experienced Manufacturing Engineer, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately