Our client, a powerful and progressive global industrial business, are currently recruiting for an experienced Materials Planner / Buyer to join their team. As Materials Planner / Buyer you will ultimately be responsible for undertaking best in class application of material scheduling and procurement processes, in order to maintain 100% material availability for customer orders, whilst minimising inventory exposure.
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
As Materials Planner / Buyer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Plan and place material purchase orders to ensure that material flow to the plant is in line with the customer demand/company plan (MPS/MRP).
- Where necessary, identify and implement new sourcing opportunities in conjunction with the Purchasing team.
- Where necessary, identify supply chain improvement opportunities and work with the Purchasing team to implement changes such as price reduction, logistics improvements etc.
- Expedite orders and maintain supplier delivery performance in order to maintain the production plan.
- Control the use of consignment stock, kanban, and other order systems as required.
- Actively manage Supplier Delivery performance through the use of KPI's and routine performance reviews with critical suppliers.
- Actively utilise the ERP system (SAP), to manage and communicate Material scheduling and buying activities, including the use of standardised reporting.
- Control the process of non-conforming product (goods returns/rework, scrap, etc), and actively liaise with suppliers regarding replacement/reworked material in order to maintain the production plan.
- Manage and report Inventory levels in line with business targets - driving improvement and reduction in inventory levels wherever appropriate.
- Drive the achievement of Material Buy/Plan KPI's such as Supplier OTD, Material availability/Clean to Build Status, Inventory turns & Value.
- Support the purchasing of Indirect items as and when required.
To be successful in the role of Materials Planner / Buyer, you will possess the following qualities:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Experienced Material Purchasing / Planning with high levels of competency in ERP / MRP management, supplier negotiations including pricing and delivery terms agreement
- Strong capabilities within SAP (or similar) and Microsoft Excel – High levels of reporting proficiency
- Good basic Engineering understanding and ability to read engineering drawings
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Materials Planner / Buyer, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.