One of the largest global FMCG organisations is seeking to appoint an experienced Materials Scheduler. As Materials Scheduler you will be responsible for ensuring the provision of raw materials in line with system driven demand to meet required delivery dates and the production plan.
Salary circa £25,000 - £28,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus highly competitive benefits package. Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8am until 4pm or 9am until 5pm.
Reporting directly to the Material Supply Manager, your key duties will include:
- Managing MRP messages generated by ERP system
- Raising and sending purchase orders from system in line with demand
- Expediting and deferring orders as needed
- Placing Blanket Orders with suppliers to ensure materials are available for call-off as needed
- Controlling raw material stock levels to meet planned requirements
- Communicating with Line Manager and Production Planners any material control issues to minimise plan changes, while ensuring remedial action is taken to correct shortfalls against plan
- Regularly reviewing slow moving stock of raw materials and identifying potential issues
- Sharing weekly and monthly forecast with suppliers
- Running monthly / quarterly OTIF reports
- Participating in supplier reviews
- Demonstrating remedial action for supplier credits and invoice queries
To be successful in the role of Materials Scheduler, you may have previously worked as a Production Scheduler, Operations Planner, Production Planner or Materials Analyst and you will possess the following qualities:
- Strong level of numeracy and literacy
- Proficient IT skills, including Excel – Experience of using an MRP system would be highly advantageous
- Confident communication and good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills with the ability to work accurately and in a timely manner whilst being able to prioritise
- Comfortable working within a fast paced environment with a key strength in problem solving
This position is based in Redditch and is easily accessible from Studley, Alcester, Bromsgrove, Kidderminster, Droitwich, Worcester, Birmingham and Warwick.
If you are an experienced Materials Scheduler, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.