Our client, a highly successful, well established FMCG organisation are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Engineer. As Mechanical Engineer you will report directly to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for maintaining, installing and commissioning facilities, utilities, service and often general machinery on site. This will include, but is not limited to, boilers, effluent treatment, compressed air systems, refrigeration plants, silos and waste handling units.
This position will be working 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday – Friday / Tuesday – Saturday alternating. This opportunity commands a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and delivering, whilst under pressure of the FMCG environment, a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement in all areas of the engineering arena, aiming for world class manufacturing
- Deliver safe and high value engineering solutions within a fast paced FMCG environment whilst minimising downtime and costs to the site
- Ensure work orders are raised and completed accurately in Agility for jobs performed
- Ensure PPM schedule is completed, as requested
- Ensure all measurements and reporting processes and systems are adhered to
- Drive down Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and review Root Cause analysis with engineering team in accordance with set KPI’s
- Ensure that Mean Time Taken to Repair (MTTR) is improved and review via root cause analysis with engineering team
- Ensure all reporting requirements are supplied in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Safety Health & Environment (SHE), Quality, Food Safety, Customer and Regulatory standards such as FSA, BRC, PIU and any specific customer needs
- Participate and engage in continuous improvement activities to improve factory operations
To be successful in the role of Mechanical Engineer you will possess the following qualities:
- Proven track record of manufacturing experience within FMCG or Food environment
- Fabricator / Welder or time-served engineer with applied knowledge of mechanical systems and services
- Machining experience
- Basic plumbing and pipe fitting
- Knowledge of steam boilers and compressors would be an advantage
- Able to be flexible and responsive to the demands of 24 / 7 production facility
This position is based in Banbury and is easily commutable from Oxford, Daventry, Northampton, Stratford Upon Avon, Moreton-in-Marsh and Royal Leamington Spa.
If you are an experienced Mechanical Engineer, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.