The company design and manufacture bespoke engineering systems and machinery for various industry sectors including automotive and defence. Due to increased sales and growth they are seeking to strengthen their team by the recruitment of a Mechanical Fitter/Machinist
Reporting to the Works Supervisor - the main purpose of the role is carry out assembly and fabrication on special purpose test machinery
Key responsibilities and duties would be;
- Mechanical assembly of special purpose test machinery
- Machining of parts and components (Milling, turning, grinding etc)
- Carry out Fabrication on pre build units (MIG & TIG weld) on mild steel, aluminium, stainless steel
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
I would be keen to receive your application if you are a fitter hold the following experience and skills;
- Previous mechanical fitting experience and able to use hand tools and power tools
- Fabrication experience and able to MIG/TIG weld
- Machining expertise such as milling and turning
- Basic electrical knowledge will be advantageous
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Able to work effectively as a team player and to work to deadlines
The role is a day shift Monday to Friday with some flexibility in working hours
The company are based in the Malvern area so are easily commutable from Worcester, Hereford, Cheltenham, Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Redditch, Birmingham
Salary - up to £27,000 per annum
The work environment is a very friendly, supportive and pleasant one - benefits - pension, competitive holidays, free on site parking, training and development opportunities.
Apply now to be considered....
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift Placements who operate as a recruitment agency.