Our client, a premier global automotive supplier are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Melt Operator. As Melt Operator you will report directly to the Laboratory Supervisor and will hold responsibility for ensuring demand from the die casting machine is met and of sufficient quantity.
There are multiple positions available within this role and therefore working hours will either be 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm (Monday to Friday), rotating weekly or working a static night shift from 10pm-6am (Monday to Friday). This opportunity commands a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- A pre-start check is made before commencing Charging
- Ensure the furnace is correctly charged as per SWI
- Maintain all melt areas by ensuring that they are cleaned and drossed off as per SWI’S
- Support in the absence of a Laboratory Technician by providing a coin sample for Cast Chemistry Analysis by the met lab as per SWI and any alloy corrections required are made and Logged on Weekly Melt Sheet.
- Ensure K Mould samples are taken once per day
- Ensure all areas are cleaned and maintained, any issues or stoppages are reported to Team Leader, Supervisor or Maintenance. All issues, stoppages and concerns should be logged accordingly
To be successful in the role of Melt Operator you will possess the following qualities:
- Understanding of SWI’s
- Understanding of the high pressure die casting process
- Proven experience within a production environment
- Experience within the castings sector would be highly advantageous
- FLT licence and / or overhead crane licence would be beneficial however, not essential
This position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced Melt Operator, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.