Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced Metrology Engineer to join their team. As Metrology Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for supporting the Metrology function across site. Predominantly working through PCDMIS along with some Mitutoyo programs you will interpret drawings and specifications using GD&T and Engineering knowledge to define inspection specifications, writing and technically supporting CMM program generation.
Hours of work will be 07.30 – 16.30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07.30 – 12.30 (Friday). Salary circa £35,000 - £41,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Conformance Metrology Lead, your key responsibilities will include:
- Metrology methods and practices
- CMM Programming and inspection techniques
- First Article evaluations and reporting, including utilisation of IPI Visual FAIR software
- New Product Introduction evaluation to Internal and External Specification
- Support Gauge Room Activities: Including Gauge manufacture, MSA, Gauge R & R and Gauge Calibration
- Assist in the training of others for Programming of CMM’s and Operation alongside other dimensional evaluation techniques
- Use SPC software for data analysis of the Metrology Centre and for production processes
- Control of Metrology processes by introduction of standard training packs – QPS/WES
To be successful in the role of Metrology Engineer, you may have previously worked as a Quality Engineer, FAIR Engineer, Dimensional Engineer, Conformance Engineer, Calibration Engineer or CMM Engineer and you will possess the following qualities:
- Design Engineering / Conformance Engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
- HNC (or equivalent) within an Engineering discipline
- Full competency in PCDMIS and / or Mitutoyo programming
- Ability or willingness to learn IPI Visual FAIR
- Proven track record as a project leader
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Metrology Engineer, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.