Swift Placement’s have an exciting new opportunity to work with our client as a Mounter and Print Support Operative, with a competitive salary of £24,000 PA + Benefits and a host of benefits for the successful candidate.
About the company:
Our client is one of the largest manufacturers of sustainable recycled paper, corrugated cardboard and flexible packaging as well as providing solutions for waste management and the recovery of waste.
This opportunity provides the successful candidate to work within at client’s Wigan site where you will be responsible for mounting print plates in preparation for print press operations, ensuring there is no waiting time and that you are always ahead of production demand. You will assist with any plate/registration issues which may occur and be mindful that, together with health and safety, production running time is a critical success factor for the site.
What will the day-to-day duties look like?
Reporting to the Process Manager, your key duties will include:
- Operate in line with site health and safety, environmental and quality standards including BRC, ISO & A2 environmental.
- Organise your workload in line with the daily print programme, ensuring work is delivered against targets and customer requirements.
- Meet with Planning
- Locate and Inspect Plates
- Apply and Strip backing tape to sleeves using Applicator/Demounter
- Mount printing plates onto the appropriate sleeves, ensuring compliance with the dimensions agreed with the customer.
- Demount Plates
- Operate Plate Cleaner and ensure plates are cleaned prior to filing, completing and signing the relevant control
- Operate Parts washer if needed
- Provide Maintenance required to Anilox
- Store and identify printing plates for subsequent use as required.
- Ensure that all established quality standards are met.
- Assist with production operations as and when required including the maintenance and upkeep of relevant equipment.
- Ensure that mounting is organised in line with the production schedule and no more than 48 hours in advance, as the plan is flexible and subject to change.
- Review stock of Tape, Plate Wash & Anilox cleaner and order as required.
- Check Orders, plates, process control, paperwork and any required GMG in advance of the plan, to enable production to operate effectively. Ensure the Shift Manager is notified immediately of anything missing.
What do we need from you?
Rewards and Benefits of the role;
- Competitive pay structure with opportunity for overtime
- The role operates 8 am – 4 pm (flexible)
- Internal training courses
- Auto enrolment in workplace pension scheme
- Death in service of two years’ salary
For further information on the role, shifts or any other queries call Natasha on 01744 742354 or apply with your CV today for immediate consideration!