Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced Multi-Skilled Plant Technician to join their team. As Multi-Skilled Plant Technician you will play a critical role in maintaining and improving company specialist assets, working with customers to minimise downtime, whilst still achieving production output.
Hours of work will be Days, afternoons and night shifts rotating on a bi-weekly basis. Salary up to circa £16.79 per hour dependent upon experience plus shift allowance and competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Senior Plant Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all plant equipment is in a safe and acceptable condition
- Identify and specify spare part requirements for machine repair and order using EFACS system
- Use company management system to ensure all maintenance documents are completed accurately and on time
- Create own planned maintenance work to list / report from company maintenance system
- Create, update and review technical drawings and engineering records
- Project implementation
- Machine condition reporting / fault trend analysis including upgrade and capital investment ideas
- Work in conjunction with production to minimise plant downtime
To be successful in the role of Multi-Skilled Plant Technician, you may have previously worked as a Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer or Multi-Skilled Engineer and you will possess the following qualities:
- Experience of working within the maintenance department of a manufacturing company is essential
- Multi-skilled – Combining mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and control engineering
- Ideally qualified to HNC standard or equivalent
- Clear, concise and appropriate communication style including written, verbal and electronic
- Must have knowledge of machine control systems and / or mechanical workings
- Be willing to learn new skills and transfer knowledge within the team, acting as a team player at all times
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Multi-Skilled Plant Technician, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.