Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced NPI Project Engineer to join their team. As NPI Project Engineer you will lead the implementation for re-introduction of legacy existing and new products within a quality-controlled environment.
Hours of work will be 07:30 – 16:30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07:30 – 12:30 (Friday). Salary circa up to £40,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the NPI Program Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordination of new project introduction (NPI) projects across all Business functions.
- Progress NPI projects throughout the life of the project and update status documents issuing to the teams for actioning.
- Working with customers to deliver projects OTIF.
- Follow and update project progress tracking documents challenging all quarters for improvements to KPI’s exceeding original expectations.
- Following company NPI and RPI process logging adherence to process and ensuring all stakeholders are completing activities as required, inclusive of APQP, PPAP and FAI requirements.
- Monitor re-introduced parts and update status documents, ensuring effective communication of challenges throughout.
- Chair & lead internal meetings as required for the NPI projects driving actions for completion and escalating as applicable.
- Chair internal weekly Business Unit NPI review meetings.
- Chair & lead customer facing meetings and conference calls as required keeping continuity and plans in line with their expectations.
- Support business development with the creation of project plans.
- Champion the estimating process, working with business development team to generate a total cost model to suit customer expectations.
To be successful in the role of NPI Project Engineer, you will possess the following keys skills and experiences:
- Understanding of validation requirements – AS9145/ PPAP / APQP / FAI’s / Customer specific specifications.
- Proven strong experience in a project management role in Automotive or Aerospace preferred.
- Use of Microsoft Project or other project management tools.
- Working within an AS 9100 & BS EN ISO 9001 environment.
- Working with customers and their quality systems.
- Experience of Sabre, Grams, DVI or other quality systems.
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster, and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced NPI Project Engineer looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.