Our client design manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced Process Engineer to join their team. As Process Engineer you will be accountable for delivering consistent product to schedule at standard, ensuring conforming and capable operations and processes are available. Conformance engineering combines elements of quality and manufacturing engineering to resolve complex process issues expediently.
Hours of work will be 07:30 – 16:30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07:30 – 12:30 (Friday). Salary up to £40,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Chief Product & Process Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and improving performance metrics.
- Supporting customer supplier interface.
- Supporting material review boards.
- Enabling support to SQDCP.
- Reduction of concession applications.
- Practical problem-solving resolution.
- Developing and implementing best practices.
- Eradicating process variability and implementing process controls (SPC).
- Supporting a responsive ANSON system to operations, stop, call, wait.
- Continuous product and process improvement.
- Developing NPI products alongside validation portfolios in a cross functional team framework.
- Adopt new technology / novel processing routes to improve existing products and develop new materials.
- Developing capital requirements where necessary to succeed in objectives.
- Developing gauging / measurement requirements and use MSA to prove out.
- Participate and lead structured problem-solving activities disseminating to operations.
To be successful in the role of Process Engineer, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Manufacturing engineering and / or quality engineering experience within a manufacturing environment.
- HNC / ONC qualification (or equivalent) preferred but not essential if relevant experience can be demonstrated.
- Heavy industrial background ideal although not essential.
- Basic understanding of materials and metallurgy.
This position is based near Redditch and easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster, and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Process Engineer, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.